MAKEUP GHANA, a social enterprise known for creating a unifying platform for stakeholders in the beauty industry in Ghana, is set to present the 2nd Ghana Makeup Awards on April 28, 2018 at the Kempinski Gold Coast Hotel.
According to the Chief Executive Officer of Makeup Ghana, Ms Rebecca Donkor she said “We are expanding the categories based on suggestions and feedback from the industry. The first edition of the Ghana Makeup Awards which was held on August 27, 2016 at the La Palm Royal Beach Hotel had eighteen categories including an award for a Trailblazer in the industry.”
In an interview with Ms Rebecca Donkor said “In this year’s awards, we have added some new categories and had regional tours to get the regions more involved.
“The Ghana Makeup Awards is an industry award for the makeup and beauty industry aimed at fostering excellence, by rewarding and celebrating pioneers, leading professionals and upcoming talent within the industry, as well as businesses and brands who are contributing to economic growth.” she added
The categories for the 2nd Ghana Makeup Awards are:
- Makeup Artist Categories
- Makeup Artist of the Year
- Best Special Effects Makeup Artist
- Best Editorial Makeup Artist
- Best Bridal Makeup Artist
- Best Celebrity Makeup Artist
- Most Promising Makeup Artist
- Brand & Business Categories
- Best Makeup for Television
- Makeup Retailer of the Year
- Makeup School of the Year
- Ghanaian Owned Brand of the Year
- Makeup Product of the Year
- Skincare Product of the Year
- Marketing Campaign of the Year
- Makeup Brand of the Year
- Content Categories
- Makeup Blog of the Year
- Makeup Vlog of the Year
- Special Award Categories
- Life Achievement
- Most Glamorous Celebrity
- Excellence in Makeup Photography
- Excellence in Hairstyling
- African Makeup Icon
The 2nd Ghana Makeup Awards process and format will be as follows:
- STEP 1: Public Nominations
- STEP 2: Shortlisted Nominees. The best nominees from the Public Nomination and nominations from the industry, will be used by the Awards Board to select a MAXIMUM of 7 Shortlisted Nominees per Award Category.
- STEP 3: Official Nominations. Shortlisted Nominees submit their official nominations to satisfy all requirements for their Award Category to the Awards Board.
- STEP 4: The Award Judges and the Award Board will select a MAXIMUM of 4 Finalists per Award Category, to compete officially for the 2nd Edition of the Ghana Makeup Awards.
- STEP 5: Judging & Public Voting. The 4 Finalists will be scored based on live tasks by the Award Judges, the Awards Boards and through Public Voting to receive an Overall Score.
- STEP 6: Awards Night. Winners for each category will be announced on April 28, 2017.
Makeup Ghana’s main aim to bring together makeup professionals, makeup brands, beauty retailers and fashion & beauty content creators in Ghana, under one umbrella, to propel the industry forward.
Teflon flexx tells true story in ‘S**x for grades’
The Northern bad boy known in Showbiz as Teflon Flexx who is a graduate from the University of Development Studies has expressed his disappointment in some lecturers captured by the lenses of BBC Africa Eye team on their investigative project dubbed Sex for grades.
The musician who found the act absurd and disheartening also added his voice in a new single dubbed ‘S**x for grades’ produced by Twist of Dopenation.
In the song he shared some of the experiences he had heard from students .The song was sung in both English and Buli.
The song is available on all music shops.