Africa Digital Awards (ADA) organized by ThirdEye Media will on Wednesday, November 27, 2019, recognize and honour industry professionals who have impacted immensely in the Digital space here in Ghana and Africa at large.
According to organizers, the scheme is to celebrate, recognize and honour digital players, organizations, developers, innovators among others who have helped and use digital to impact Africa would be honouring 5 prominent Ghanaians as part of the Ghana edition of the Awards.
The Individuals’ who are to be honoured at the Awards on includes;
- Professor Nii Quaynor who is a scientist and an engineer played an important role in the introduction and development of the Internet throughout Africa. Known as the Father of the Internet in Ghana. Prof. Quaynor would be honored with the Lifetime Achievement Award for his contributions to the advancement of the Internet in Ghana.
- Moses Kofi Baiden Jnr. who is the CEO of Margins ID Systems would be honored with the Digital CEO of the Year for his great contributions in the usage of various digital technologies in digitalizing Ghana’s ID systems while creating jobs to impact the Ghanaian Youth.
- Estelle Akofio Sowah who is the Country Manager for CSquared Ghana is also to be honored as the Digital Woman Award for her contributions made through the days of Busy Internet and Google Ghana in encouraging and serving as a role model to other women to go into the Digital space. Estelle’s role at the C squared Ghana in helping Ghanaian businesses and individuals with a faster internet also contribute to her achievement in receiving this Honourary Award.
- Frank Adotey Kpakpo known in the eSports industry as WondaKid is to be honored as the esports player of the Year. Frank Adotey Kpakpo who is a sensational gamer by all standards is the best Ghanaian esports player in for the past years. He is the sole individual who has been representing Ghana in international matches and tournaments both offline and online.
The awards which would be held at the SB Incubator, Silver Star Towers on Wednesday, November 27, 2019, would see a gathering of Ghana’s best digital nomads being celebrated. The event is strictly by invitation and for invitation kindly visit africadigitalawards.com to be officially invited for the program.
The categories for the awards include;
- AgriTech Innovation of the Year
- Best Digital Bank
- Fintech Company of the Year
- Digital Education Institution
- Digital Government Agency
- Non-Profit Organization of the Year
- Telecom of the Year
- Digital Agency of the Year
- Ecommerce Platform of the Year
- Digital Media Organization
The event would be hosted by Beverly Yaa Danquah, a Graduate from the St. John University with communications arts in Journalism, legal and international studies.
Beverly is a freelance event producer at the Appollo Theatre and an alumna of the New York Times Student journalism institute. Having worked with CNN, ABC News, MSNBC and Face2Face Africa among others.
The Ghana edition of the Pan-African Digital Awards will be streamed live from the SB incubator at the Silver Star Towers on Wednesday, November 27 at 6 pm on the YouTube and Facebook pages of the Awards.
10 voting categories and 5 honorary categories are up for grabs as Nominees are ready to claim the prestigious awards that make them trendsetters and the best in Ghana’s Digital Space as well as compete competitively as an African Brand.